Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from light and tasty magazine, 2004. Taco salad is always a great, easy meal when you want something abit different. This one is lower in fat than most. Hope that you enjoy!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 177.44 ml water
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 946.36 ml baked corn tortilla chips, broken
- 1892.72 ml lettuce, shredded and divided
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- 63.78 g can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (reduced fat)
- 158.51 ml fat free sour cream
- 158.51 ml salsa
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, layer tortilla chipes, 7 cups lettuce, beans, half of tomatoes, olives, half of cheese and meat mixture.
- Top with remaining tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Serve with salad.
This was a great lunch! I used leftover taco meat from dinner, added a sliced green onion and skipped the chips and beans. Thanks so much for posting!
This was a great salad, easy to put together and great tasting. Beware, it makes a huge portion, would be ideal for a potluck. Thanks