1/1 Photo of Three Step Taco Salad
Scrapbook Lori's Note:
This is from light and tasty magazine, 2004. Taco salad is always a great, easy meal when you want something abit different. This one is lower in fat than most. Hope that you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips, broken
- 8 cups lettuce, shredded and divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (reduced fat)
- 2/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4In a large bowl, layer tortilla chipes, 7 cups lettuce, beans, half of tomatoes, olives, half of cheese and meat mixture.
- 5Top with remaining tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce.
- 6In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Step Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 667.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.5 g