Recipe by Scrapbook Lori
This is from light and tasty magazine, 2004. Taco salad is always a great, easy meal when you want something abit different. This one is lower in fat than most. Hope that you enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips, broken
- 8 cups lettuce, shredded and divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (reduced fat)
- 2⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, layer tortilla chipes, 7 cups lettuce, beans, half of tomatoes, olives, half of cheese and meat mixture.
- Top with remaining tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Serve with salad.