Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This quick and easy stroganoff recipe came from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking 2001. It is a family favorite.
- 453.59 g boneless round steak
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml water
- 35.43 g envelope onion soup mix
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 340.19 g cooked noodles (I use wide egg noodles)
- Slice round steak into thin strips and stir-fry in oil until no longer pink.
- Stir in soup, water and onion soup mix. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
We loved this easy stroganoff, the sauce was very good. I had leftover cooked steak and after thinly slicing it, added it to the soup mixture during the last 5 minutes of simmering. Served over rotini as we like how the pasta holds the sauce.