Recipe by fullernj
This quick and easy stroganoff recipe came from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking 2001. It is a family favorite.
Top Review by LainieBug
We loved this easy stroganoff, the sauce was very good. I had leftover cooked steak and after thinly slicing it, added it to the soup mixture during the last 5 minutes of simmering. Served over rotini as we like how the pasta holds the sauce.
- 1 lb boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces cooked noodles (I use wide egg noodles)