Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
got this recipe from a friend at a luau. It is very simple.
Make and share this Three-Step Pineapple Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 36 crushed round buttery crackers
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Combine sugar and flour in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish and layer in the following order: pineapple, sugar/flour mixture, shredded cheese, and cracker crumbs.
- Drizzle melted margarine over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
I love this recipe! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Congrats on the Football Pool 2010 win. I would recommend this dish with almost anything but we really liked it with ham as the main dish. The combination of hte sweetness of the pineapple and the saltiness of the crackers made a delightful dish.
I gotta tell you, I wasn't to sure about this. However, I loved it. This was a fantastic side for our steak dinner tongiht. Made for please review my recipe. One warning, picky kids my not eat this because they don't like how it looks.
VERY DIFFERENT, VERY TASTY! We really enjoyed this warm fruity casserole, & the pineapple/cheese combo was wonderful! I used a mild cheddar which, I think, went best with the pineapple, & I took AuntSana's suggestion & included all the pineapple juice! Will definitely make this one again, & thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current current Adopt-A-Tag 2009]