Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 4 ears corn
- 3⁄4 cup water (approx)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- to taste pepper
- Peel, seed and cut squash into bite-sized cubes.
- Trim beans; cut into 1 inch lengths.
- Remove husks and silk from corn; cut off kernels.
- In large heavy saucepan, combine water and squash; cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or just until squash begins to soften, adding more water if necessary.
- Add beans and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until bright green but still tendercrisp.
- Add corn, butter, salt, and pepper to taste, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.