Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast, easy and very filling.
Make and share this Three Sisters Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped medium
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 anaheim chilies, roasted and chopped
- 1 butternut squash, roasted with
- cinnamon, plus
- salt and pepper, puree half and chop the other
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- sharp white cheddar cheese
- corn tortilla, warm
- Saute onions and garlic in a little bit of butter until translucent.
- Add corn and beans and heat thoroughly.
- Add peppers and squash and heat through.
- Add green onions, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve hot in warm tortillas and shredded cheese.
This was very good. It was an interesting twist on the usual Three Sisters recipes with the addition of the roasted chili peppers. I added nearly a cup of low salt chicken broth however. Otherwise I believe it would have turned out too dry. Excellent for a cool Fall dinner. Thanks for sharing it.