Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious! Filling but not heavy. Serve with multi-grain bread. Makes a lot!!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (2 cups)
- 2 cups corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med-high until hot. Add rice, onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is crisp tender. (Don’t burn the garlic!).
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and broth is slightly thickened.
This was a really hearty, tasty, and healthy dinner. I just seasoned mine with garlic salt and pepper. Thanks for sharing!
Super easy and really tasty. Even meat lovers loved it.
For someone who wants a flavorful, low-fat yet satisfying stew, this is it. DH has been looking for alternatives to salad for lunch, and he gave this 10 stars. I used brown rice and low sodium chicken broth, 2 cloves garlic (thanks Zee_RN), and served this with Rita L.'s awesome Spicy Butternut Squash or Pumpkin Biscuits with Pecans Spicy Butternut Squash or Pumpkin Biscuits With Pecans (made with mashed sweet potatoes instead of squash). Cooked this up Sunday and he will be enjoying it all week. Note: Dieticians recommend that healthy adults consume 30 mg. of dietary fiber per day. This recipe gives you 9 mg of that!