- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (2 cups)
- 2 cups corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med-high until hot. Add rice, onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is crisp tender. (Don’t burn the garlic!).
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and broth is slightly thickened.