Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This refreshing bread surprises the palate with its delicate combination of flavors. Equal portions of caraway, celery and dill seeds make this light loaf interesting without over-powering it. Your cheese sandwiches will never be the same! From Electric Bread.
- 295.73 ml water
- 787.84 ml white bread flour
- 29.58 ml dry milk
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 44.37 ml butter
- 8.62 ml dill seeds
- 8.62 ml celery seeds
- 8.62 ml caraway seeds
- 7.39 ml fast rise yeast or 2 active dry yeast
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Success Hints: Stack seeds on top of other dry ingredients, away from water.
- This bread makes flavorful stuffing for poultry or pork.
- Thinly sliced, toasted points make a welcome Sunday Brunch accompaniment to Bloody Marys.
- This recipe can be made using the regular, rapid and delayed time bake cycles.
This makes very nice light bread with a tang from the seeds. I made up the recipe by hand and found it very easy. I love bread machine recipes, they're so creative. Thank you for posting this, Bev.
I had almost given up on bread machine breads. I just couldn't get it right....then I tried this recipe as part of the Bev Cookathon. Great recipe. It went together in just a few minutes. Smelling it while it was cooking almost drove me crazy. Nothing smells better than bread baking. This recipe makes the prettiest loaf of bread I have ever seen and the taste is out of this world. I can't wait to make it again and I am going to try different herb combinations. I used the light crust setting on my bread machine just because that is my favorite.
This bread was soft, moist, and wonderful! I used it as an accompaniment for baked chicken and asparagus.