Recipe by Bev
This refreshing bread surprises the palate with its delicate combination of flavors. Equal portions of caraway, celery and dill seeds make this light loaf interesting without over-powering it. Your cheese sandwiches will never be the same! From Electric Bread.
Top Review by mianbao
This makes very nice light bread with a tang from the seeds. I made up the recipe by hand and found it very easy. I love bread machine recipes, they're so creative. Thank you for posting this, Bev.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 1⁄3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 1 3⁄4 active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Success Hints: Stack seeds on top of other dry ingredients, away from water.
- This bread makes flavorful stuffing for poultry or pork.
- Thinly sliced, toasted points make a welcome Sunday Brunch accompaniment to Bloody Marys.
- This recipe can be made using the regular, rapid and delayed time bake cycles.