Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious, nutritious breadmaker recipe that I got off a package of Bob's Red Mill flaxseed. Only way I've altered it is by adding 1/8 cup of wheat gluten to it--as I do all my breadmaker recipes. Seems to make them stay fresh a bit longer!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄8 cup wheat gluten
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup whole flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by the bread machine manufacturer and select the basic bread cycle, large loaf, light setting. After about 5 minutes, be sure to check the dough to see if you need to add a bit more water or flour.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
This is an excellent bread recipe. I can't seem to get enough! I am now adding wheat gluten to all of my bread recipes also. Thanks so much for sharing.
This is a very nice, healthy bread. I make it regularly. Thanks!