1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Mmmmmm! Although this is a delicious side dish...It's special enough to be the main event! This is wonderful, warm, comforting food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb celery root
- 1 lb parsnip
- 2 1/2 cups gruyere cheese, coarsely grated & divided
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350'. Grease a 3-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- 2Peel potatoes, celery root and parsnips. Slice as thinly as possible.
- 3Combine 2 cups cheese with the garlic, onion and horseradish, mixing with a fork.
- 4Layer root vegetables in the following way: half each of potatoes, celery root and parsnips followed by half of cheese mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining celery root, parsnips and cheese mixture; season with salt and pepper and spread remaining potatoes over the top.
- 6Pour broth over potatoes.
- 7Combine remaining 1/2 cup cheese and breadcrumbs; sprinkle on top.
- 8Drizzle with melted butter.
- 9Bake, covered, on center oven rack 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover and continue baking 35 minutes or until the top is crisp and browned and the vegetables are tender.
- 11Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Root Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 569.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g