This recipe comes from my Weight Watchers Magazine, November/December 2008. This issue has several "make ahead recipes" for easy Holiday planning. "Make 2 hours ahead." 5 points for a 3/4 cup serving.
My Private Note
3/4 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups rice (mixture of white, brown and wild rice)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, dark
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 ounces dried peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the rice blend and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Spread the rice on a baking sheet and let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil in a large bowl, beating with a whisk until blended.
- 3Stir in the rice and the remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
- 4Serve at once or cover and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Rice Salad - Ww Points = 5
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g