Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from my Weight Watchers Magazine, November/December 2008. This issue has several "make ahead recipes" for easy Holiday planning. "Make 2 hours ahead." 5 points for a 3/4 cup serving.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups rice (mixture of white, brown and wild rice)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, dark
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 ounces dried peaches, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the rice blend and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Spread the rice on a baking sheet and let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil in a large bowl, beating with a whisk until blended.
- Stir in the rice and the remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
- Serve at once or cover and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.