Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home magazine.
Make and share this Three Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and add onion.
- In a small bowl combine all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Colorful, easy and delicious! I used mayonniase in place of Miracle Whip, but otherwise made no changes. I loved the dill flavor. I'll certainly make this again. Maybe adding some chopped celery. Thanx!
Easy to follow, clear instructions, with accurate measurements. This has a lovely look to it.. the sweet potatoes got very soft and when the salad is stirred together, some of them mush up, coloring the dressing a lovely peach color. Very pretty for a ladies' luncheon and equally yummy at a BBQ cookout. I only waited about 1 1/2 hours before serving and it was very good.
I am not much of a potato salad person, but I love this recipe. I omit the chopped onion and the salt and use a teaspoon of onion salt instead. I don't like raw onion. I like to make this the day before I am going to serve it, I just think that it gives more time for the flavors to blend. Very rarely have left overs when I make this.