Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet potatoes add an interesting twist to this classic potato salad. If you can find purple potatoes, give them a try for some extra color. This comes from Relish Mag. Prep time includes chilling before serving.
- 2 1⁄2 cups peeled cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups halved fingerling potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups quartered baby red potatoes
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup creole mustard, to taste
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped chives (optional)
- Place each variety of potato into its own small pot. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, celery, green onions, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Add potatoes; toss gently. Add salt and pepper if needed and desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Garnish with chives, if desired, before serving.