Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is originally from "Bill's" MIL, Carolyn Skiver. I assume Bill is a basketball player. Anyway, it's a great way to make brussels sprouts milder and may create some new sprout lovers!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook brussels sprouts according the package directions; drain. Cut sprouts into fourths and set aside.
- Combine eggs, half the crumbs, soup, cheese, onion, and dash pepper. Fold in sprouts. Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Combine remaining crumbs and butter; sprinkle atop sprouts.
- Bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Very good and somewhat different. I had very small brussels sprouts, so I only cut them in halves. Although I doubled the onions, I still felt that the casserole was a bit bland and a bit dry. I think next time I'd add some other spices and either cut down on the breadcrumbs or omit the eggs. Thanx for posting!
This was just okay for us. I thought it had way too many breadcrumbs but it might have been the shape of my casserole dish. The flavor was a little blade. Thanks Made for PAC Fall 2007