Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you love asian food, you'll love this Chinese style flank steak. ...Three Pepper Steak. (Stir-fried beef in a light soy sauce. Serve over steamed rice.)
- 1 boneless beef top round (about 1 pound) or 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- hot cooked rice
- Cut beef in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add bell peppers; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Remove to large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat 30 seconds. Add half of beef mixture to wok; stir-fry until well browned. Remove beef to bowl with bell peppers.
- Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and beef mixture. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Return bell peppers, beef and any accumulated juices to wok; cook until heated through.
- Spoon rice into serving dish; top with beef and vegetable mixture.