Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
This is a great rub for any cut of beef, but I like it best on rib eys.
Top Review by ellie_
Good and spicy steak! This rub makes the steak so tender though! I left out the third pepper (lemon pepper) but was still very spicy and tender. We enjoyed this steak with Leek, Mushroom & Thyme Mashed Potatoes recipe#159516 and salad. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 lbs rib eye steaks (cut 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (ground)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (ground)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 orange (sliced)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- 4 sprigs parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat steaks with olive oil.
- Mix all seasonings in a bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks generously with spice mixture, pressing the mixture into the meat.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Grill to desired doneness.
- Remove and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve either whole or slice across grain.
- Garnish with sliced orange, lime, and a sprig of parsley.