We love these appetizer quesadillas and serve them often at parties. The recipe came from a community cookbook called Simple Elegance and it is one of our favorties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (18 ounce) package homestyle burrito-size flour tortillas
- cumin or chili powder, to taste
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1Saute peppers and onions in margarine in a large skillet.
- 2Stir in cumin.
- 3Spoon out any liquid in the skillet.
- 4Set pepper mixture aside.
- 5In a small bowl, combine green chilies, cream cheese and cheddar cheese (the recipe may be made ahead up to this point).
- 6Assemble quesadillas as follows: spread about 3-4 tablespoons of cheese mixture on 1/2 of a flour tortilla.
- 7Top with sauteed peppers and onions.
- 8Fold over.
- 9Very lightly spread butter on the top of the folded tortilla and sprinkle with cumin or chili powder.
- 10Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 400º oven for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- 11Cut into thirds or fourths.
- 12Mix sour cream and salsa together and serve as a dip with the cut quesadillas.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Pepper Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.5
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 1067.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g