A tasty fancier version of pesto pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For three pepper sauce
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp. prepack minced garlic)
- 1 cup drained and chopped canned italian-style plum tomato
For Pesto Sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside; keep warm.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees, toast pine nuts on a cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, do not over toast.
- 3Transfer pine nuts to a food processor.
- 4Spray an unheated large skillet with olive oil no stick spray - or use 1 teaspoons olive oil. Add the red, yellow and green peppers. Stir in the onions and garlic.
- 5Cook over medium heat for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile, add basil and garlic to blender or food processor. Blend until finely chopped. Slowly pour oil, then chicken broth in thin streams with the blender/processor running.
- 7Gradually add Parmesan cheese, a paste will form.
- 8Toss paste with pasta, divide amongst 4-6 plates.
- 9Top with pepper mixture.
- 10((If you want to use as an entire meal add a cooked chicken breast cut into strips into the pepper mixture and cook with the peppers. Add a little extra olive oil and cook until the peppers and onions are tender.)).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Pepper Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.7
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 265.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g