Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Enjoy this pasta made with three bell peppers and basil pesto - ready in 25 minutes. Recipe from Pillsbury. I made this today and found it to be VERY tasty. I had red, orange, and yellow peppers so that's what I used. I had some homemade basil-walnut pesto (my basil is going crazy this summer!) and used grated Parmesan cheese. I'd imagine you could add some cooked chicken if you wanted to add meat to the dish.
- 2 1⁄4 cups ziti pasta (8 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (vegetable oil is OK)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips (or red pepper)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese (1 oz. ) or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (1 oz. )
- Cook ziti as directed on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add bell peppers; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onion and peppers are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked ziti; stir gently to mix. Remove from heat; stir in pesto and vinegar. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cheese.
- TIP: If balsamic vinegar isn't a staple in your pantry, use 2 teaspoons cider vinegar and a pinch of brown sugar instead.