Recipe by Lainey39
You can use bell peppers of just one color if you prefer. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1⁄4 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2x1/4-inch strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2x1/4-inch strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 2x1/4-inch strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) container garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Arrange half the peppers in pie plate.
- In small bowl, beat milk, eggs and spreadable cheese with electric mixer at low speed until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over peppers in pie plate.
- Place remaining peppers over top of egg mixture.
- Fold edge of crust over filling, pleating crust slightly as necessary.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and center is set.
- Sprinkle with cheese blend.
- Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve immediately.