Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
Stir fry with lots of vegys. Meat is marinated to add extra full flavour. Prep time does not include marinating time. Found on Cooking Light web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 lbs beef steaks, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced or 1/4 cup chives
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed or 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (5 mins @ 250Ã F)
- 1In a small bowl, combine oyster/soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar & salt.
- 2In a marinating container, add beef & pour on mixture to coat pieces.
- 3Set aside to marinade.
- 4When ready to cook, combine 1st amount of cornstarch with beef mixture.
- 5In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, remaining cornstarch & black pepper; stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves; set aside for sauce.
- 6In a wok, over medium-high heat, add oil.
- 7Add the green onions, ginger & garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds.
- 8Add beef mixture; stir-fry 3 mins or until done.
- 9Remove the beef mixture from pan; cover & keep warm.
- 10Add peas, asparagus & bell peppers; stir-fry 4 mins or until crisp-tender.
- 11Add cooked beef, broth mixture & water chestnuts; cook 2 mins or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 12Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds & serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Pepper Beef Stir-Fry (With Asparagus & Peppers)
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: