Recipe by Bev
This recipe caught my eye because I love peas! From Gourmet Magazine.
Top Review by BeachGirl
A nice combination of flavors for peas and sugar snaps. I especially think the sesame oil added a nice touch, as did the ginger. It was easy to prepare, quick, and fairly low-fat. I will make this again.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then stir-fry garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar snap peas and snow peas and stir fry until crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and stir-fry until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat then stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with salt.