Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine.
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen baby peas (about 2 cups)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- In another large bowl, whisk the shallot, vinegar and sour cream together. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sugar snap peas to the boiling water and blanch for 20 seconds. Add the snow peas and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the frozen baby peas and cook for 20 seconds longer, until the sugar snaps and snow peas are crisp-tender and the baby peas are heated through.
- Drain and immediately transfer the colander to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again and pat the peas dry.
- Add the peas to the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Serve.