Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If you are trying to cut your food cost this is a great and tasty way to do it. I always buy the cheapest beef roast I can to do this with. Yes, it is also the toughest cut but after cooking in the crockpot all day, it is very good and tender. Put the gravy on some mashec potatoes, or spoon over cornbread muffins. OOh Yeah...
- 1 beef roast
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Place roast on a platter, sprinkle evenly the contents of all three packets.
- Place water in crock pot, turn crock on low.
- Put roast into pot, with any remaining seasonings left on platter.
- Cover, cook on low 8- 10 hours.
The flavor of this roast was delish! The roast, however, did turn out a bit dryer than im used to. but then again I ended up cooking it on high due to a time crunch. Will definatly make this again! thanks for posting!
I make this recipe all the time, and shared it with our recipe group -- who all went nuts about it. This works with roasts up to 3.5 lbs -- any larger and you'll need more spices. It can be done with any cut of beef, and I never use water. I do it with veggies, too, and it turns out fantastic. I got this orginally as a pressure cooker roast recipe -- it works great in both.
Great roast! Very simple. Comes out with a really good flavor, good gravy. My kids love it. This is now the consistent pot roast recipe in our house. Thanks!