Recipe by Felix4067
I was assigned the "cheese and crackers" duty for the family parties last year, and this one was one of three everyone wanted the recipe for. Originally it came from a checkout-lane cookbook, but I adapted it some and we like it better.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
What a wonderful spread. Sometimes, simpler is better. I didn't have the chive spread so I used 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, added some dry onion soup mix and added my garlic and onion chives. I did let it sit for a day in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend. I was afraid the so much onions would be over powering but it doesn't.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in parsley and cream cheese spread until smooth.
- Spoon into serving dish.
- Can be served warm, but better cold with your choice of crackers.