Prep 40 mins
Cook 22 mins
I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef cookbook. It is made with the use of a bakingstone. I have several of those and therefore I am always looking for recipes I can cook using them.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups diced onions
- shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, such as chardonay
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (thawed)
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 ounces goat cheese (1 log)
- additional fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Drain grease from skillet but do not wipe down.
- Dice onions. Slice shallots.
- Add onions, shallots and sugar to skillet; cook ans stir over medium heat until caramelized.
- Add thyme, garluc and pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add wine and stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Cook 1-2 min or until onion mixture is almost dry.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in bacon and set aside.
- Unfold pastry onto a rectangle stone and lightly roll seams.
- Cut to form three strips. Separate strips on baking stobe.
- Brush pastry with egg white.
- Cut cheese in slices.
- Place 4-5 slices in a single row down lenght of each pastry.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until pastry is done.
- Remove from oven. Cut strips into four squares, creating 24 triangles.
- Garnish with thyme. Serve warm.