Recipe by Shahana
Yummy soup much like French Onion. Freezes well. I prefer low-sodium vegetable stock but no info in data base.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 liters low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over med-high heat; add onions and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shallots and leeks; continue cooking until golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock; simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Ladle into shallow bowls; garnish with cheese and chives.