Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple salad from Isadore's Restaurant as seen on TV show. There is no amounts listed just make up as much as you need.
- romaine lettuce hearts
- baby bay shrimp
- your favorite caesar salad dressing
- hearts of palm, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- artichoke heart, drained and quartered
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- Clean the hearts of romaine lettuce.
- Add mayonnaise to the Caesar dressing.
- Combine the hearts of romaine, shrimp, hearts of palm, hearts of artichoke and croutons.
- Toss with dressing.
- Serve on chilled plate and top wirh shredded Parmesan.
Barb, you did it again. Everyone really enjoyed it as a part of our Good Friday supper. They kept asking what was the yummy white stuff (hearts of palm) :-) I used marinated artichoke hearts and jumbo shrimp that I just cut it up into small pieces. My Caesar salad dressing already had lots of mayo in it so I didn't add any more. I skipped the additional Parmesan, and the croutons since I am currently on a low-carb diet. Thank you.
This salad is special and ideal for a bridge luncheon, other luncheon or an evening meal. The combination of shrimp (try to get fresh hand peeled), hearts of palm & artichoke hearts is fabulous. The parmesan cheese and caesar dressing is perfect. If you wnat to cut some calories try a low fat dressing but by all means try this salad. Thanks Barb great recipe.