Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can use pie crust mix or prepare your own for these Yummy tarts! A special treat for the Xmas cookie tray.
- prepared pie crust mix
- 2⁄3 cup mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Prepare pie crust mix according to package directions or prepare your own recipe.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8" thickness.
- Using 4 " round cookie cutter, cut out circles, re-rolling scraps if necessary.
- Fit circles into muffin cups.
- Divide nuts equally among pastry shells.
- Whisk butter, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling into each tart shell, about 3/4's full.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until filling is puffed, set and pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool in pans for 2 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to cooling racks using caution as filling will be very hot.
I totally halved the filling part of this recipe and came out with 12 perfect tarts, using one part of a prepared pie crust and lightly salted butter. I now have to go out and buy more stuff,cause these rocked, I am going to make these often. Thanks B5!