Recipe by Sue Lau
Posted by request, I have not yet tried this recipe. From the 1976 cookbook "A World of Desserts and Delicasies from Solo". Enjoy!
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar (I assume they mean granulated in this recipe)
- 1⁄3 cup date filling (Date Filling for Hamentaschen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg whites, water, cream of tartar and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler or saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove water from heat.
- Immediately place mixture into the top half of a double boiler or in a metal mixing bowl and place on top of the double boiler or saucepan, whichever you have.
- Beat mixture in the bowl for 3 minutes, using a mixer or beater.
- Stir in date filling.
- Goes great with both yellow and spice cakes.