Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by mybirdzone
Enjoyed this for something different to make for dinner. Omitted the black bean garlic sauce and the 2 garlic cloves since I can't eat garlic while breastfeeding. Added precooked chicken leftover from previous night's meal to the sauce at the end. It was really good. Husband said too much vinegar for his taste but maybe with the garlic it would not be as noticeable. Will definitely make again.
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sauce: combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Put a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot; add in oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add in the garlic; cook, stirring until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add in the bok choy; stir-fry until tender-crisp, 1 ½-2 minutes.
- Add in the sauce; cook/stir until the sauce thickens slightly and lightly coats the bok choy, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.