Recipe by Mille®
Serve as a main dish or as an appetizer nuclear accident shrimpsters.
Top Review by Susie D
You want to talk hot??!!!Plan on eating with tears streaming down your face! My Dh has now decided he is allergic to cayenne pepper :) I will definitely cut back on the peppers the next time I make this. I served this with grilled vegetables & a wild rice pilaf. Thanks Miller.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp
- 1 large habanero pepper, stem removed and chopped
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp; wash, drain and place on skewers, 5-6 per skewer.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter, remove from the heat and place in a blender.
- Add the cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice pepper, cumin, brown sugar and the habaneros with seeds; blend till smooth.
- Brush onto the shrimp skewers and marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge.
- Fire up the grill and cook the shrimp until they are opaque and slightly crispy.
- Dust them with paprika and serve.