Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tasty and easy.The cooking time is approximate; it is sometimes hard for me to figure out cooking times at lower altitudes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground veal
- 2 onion hamburger buns
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (evaporated is especially good)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell peppers or 1⁄2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish (optional)
- Tear buns into small bits.
- Mix all ingredients (using fork).
- Form into large loaf and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until center is no longer pink.
- If necessary, drain grease during cooking.