These meatballs taste great and are relatively low fat. This recipe also makes great hamburgers. I usually buy a pound of each type of meat, divide by threes and have dinners for half the week already made up, ready to throw in the oven. If you make hamburgers be aware that buffalo meat takes longer to cook than plain beef so you need to cook them about half an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1/3 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/4-1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed (fresh mozzarella is espeically good but part skim helps keep the fat down and works well)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Combine all ingredient except for the cheese, mixing well.
- 3Adjust the amount of egg beaters and bread crumbs if nessecary to give a good consistency.
- 4Meet should hold together well but not be too sticky.
- 5Take enough meat in your hand to fill your palm, then flatten it out a bit.
- 6Put a cheese cube in the center of the meat, then close the edges around it.
- 7Roll into a good sphere and put on a baking pan.
- 8Repeat it until you've used all the meat.
- 9Bake for twenty minutes.
- 10Some cheese may leak from the centers, don't worry about it.
- 11If you want to save the meatballs for another day, let them cool then put them in the fridge (or freezer).
- 12To reheat simmer in enough tomato sauce to cover your meatballs.
- 13If you're eating them tonight, go ahead and add them to your sauce now.
- 14You can serve them over pasta or on a roll.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Meat Meatballs with Cheese Centers
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 289.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute