Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Savory and sweet! Start with a couple of cans of pork and beans and add Polish sausage, ground beef and bacon to make a quick and easy inexpensive meal. A little brown sugar and molasses adds just the right amound of sweetness. I've also used dark corn syrup when I don't have molasses.
- 226.79 g Polish sausage, cut into 1-4-inch slices
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 44.37 ml chopped onions
- 5 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (907.18 g) can pork and beans
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml prepared mustard
- Brown sausage and remove from skillet. Discard drippings.
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.
Most loved by my uncontested-mistress-of-hands-on-hips-foot-stomping-tisking-180-degree-turn-on-heel-and-eye-rolling-to-the-point-of-seeing-her-own-brain-daughter. Made for Photo's COOL BEANS.
Great in flavor and very filling. Used as a side dish but could also be a main dish.
Used Maple Bacon. We all LOVED it!