Recipe by mailbelle
Savory and sweet! Start with a couple of cans of pork and beans and add Polish sausage, ground beef and bacon to make a quick and easy inexpensive meal. A little brown sugar and molasses adds just the right amound of sweetness. I've also used dark corn syrup when I don't have molasses.
Top Review by gailanng
Most loved by my uncontested-mistress-of-hands-on-hips-foot-stomping-tisking-180-degree-turn-on-heel-and-eye-rolling-to-the-point-of-seeing-her-own-brain-daughter. Made for Photo's COOL BEANS.
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1-4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard