Recipe by Auntie Anne & Uncle Mark
This is a nice combination of flavors. The crunch and salt of the bacon with the tangy feta and then the sweetness of the cider vinegar with the mandarin oranges all comes together for one citrus-y yummy salad. Always asked for the recipe when I make this one!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch spinach (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 cups canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lettuce and spinach leaves, orange segments, cheese, bacon, and red onion slices.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, grated onion, mustard, salt, and vinegar and blend with a whisk.
- Add oil gradually, blending well.
- Stir in poppy seeds and sesame seeds and toss salad with dressing.