This fabulous cake starts with a cake mix and has fresh strawberries, coconut and pecans it it. The strawberry cream cheese frosting really sets it off. From Allrecipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour 3 (9") round cake pans.
- 2Stir together cake mix and jello mix in a large bowl.
- 3Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs.
- 4Beat on low speed until blended.
- 5Scrape bowl and beat for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- 6Fold in the coconut and pecans.
- 7Divide the batter among the prepared pans.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 9Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- 10For frosting, mash the 3/4 cup strawberries to make 1/2 cup, then drain well and set aside.
- 11In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, then blend in powdered sugar and drained strawberries.
- 12Beat on medium speed until frosting lightens and is well combined.
- 13Fold in the coconut.
- 14Frost between layers and on top and sides.
- 15Chill uncovered for 30 minutes or until frosting sets, then cover and chill for 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Layer Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.6
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 363.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g