Recipe by thadangerranger
These are delicious, three-tiered brownies with a shortbread crust, a cream cheese center, and a brownie top.
Top Review by swimbikeruneat
These brownies came out pretty good, but I found the shortbread to be much too rich. After I cut the brownies, the bottom of the pan was covered in pure grease. I think next time I make them I'll omit the lard, and cut the butter in half. I also added 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the brownie mixture and cut the butter to 1/2 cup. I also omitted the rum from the cream cheese mixture.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lard
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the Shortbread Base.
- preheat the oven to 325 farenheit.
- mix together butter, lard, powdered sugar, flour and vanilla. Press into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- make the cream cheese center.
- cream together the cream cheese, sugar, rum and egg until smooth.
- make the brownie topping.
- melt butter and chocolate together in microwave.
- in bowl, beat eggs and salt. alternate flour and melted chocolate into batter.
- pour cream cheese filling ontop of the shortbread base. spoon brownie batter on top.
- bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until set.