Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was given to me by a coworker many many years ago, and once I tried it, I had to have the recipe. Absolutely delicious and easy - it's a three layer dip that tastes just like pizza, but even better! I make this for every Superbowl Party and my guests LOVE it!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first 5 ingredients together and spread the mixture in a 1.5 quart corningware dish, pie pan or other shallow dish. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and spread evenly over the pizza sauce. dBake for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with thinly-sliced French baguette or garlic pita chips.
Very good! DS loves pepperoni, so this was prefect for him, but I feel like you substitute any pizza topping you like. I want to try it with sauteed onions and peppers. I love these mix it, cook it serve it recipes. Made for PAC fall '12
What a delicious dip! I omitted the pepperoni (was serving a group of vegetarians), and it was still great. I definitely think this would be a great dip to throw in some of your favorite pizza toppings along with the rest. The only change I think I will make next time is that I personally prefer a little more pizza sauce flavor as opposed to the cream cheese base, so I plan to decrease the cream cheese/sour cream mixture to about 12 oz and 6 oz respectively and keep everything else the same. Thanks for sharing this recipe!