Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great one dish meal for a week night, Make a light bechamel and you can even used a bottled sauce for a quickie! (It makes lovely left-overs!)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 12 ounces grated whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
- Cook Pasta till aldente.
- In a sauce pan , melt 2 Tblsp of the butter over medium low heat, add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring with a wisk.
- Add warm milk and continue stirring 2 or 4 minutes until it is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in mozzarella and cheddar cheeses till melted.
- Pour marinara sauce into a baking casserole dish, add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Pour cheese mixture over the top.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the remaining butter, then stir in breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Top casserole with crumb mixture.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- When you serve, make sure you get a little of all 3 layers.