Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe on the web -- looks good, and different from some of the other peanut butter bar recipes out there! NOTE: Cooking time does not include cooling/chill time.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; cut in margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla until crumbly.
- Press firmly on bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned.
- Top evenly with marshmallows; bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove from oven; cool.
- While layers are baking, in heavy saucepan, over medium heat, combine condensed milk and peanut butter ; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in noodles, nuts and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. Spread evenly over marshmallows.
- Cool. Chill. Cut into bars.
This were wonderful! My family really enjoyed these. It's definitely a keeper! *5/17/09 update* Okay, another recipe I've made mass quantities of. I absolutely love this recipe. Just be sure to keep the bars chilled or they get kind of gross. Also, if you find that your p.b. and condensed milk mixture gets too thick add a little bit of regular milk to thin it out.
Oh my lucky stars! What this ever good! My kids would sneak pieces of this from the fridge. lol This will be a regular snack/dessert at our house. The only thing I changed was the peanut butter. Instead of creamy I used crunchy. Made for the August 2008 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.