Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This was a favorite of my kids when they were growing up. Now the grandkids love it!
- 1 package orange Jell-O
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained,save juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice (use juice drained from pineapple and add water to measure 1 cup)
- Make jello according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water.
- add pineapple pour in 9x13 glass pan.
- Put in fridge til set.
- Next mix softened cream cheese and Cool Whip.
- Spread over Jello Put back in fridge.
- Mix sugar and flour-add eggs lemon juice and 1 cup pineapple juice.
- Cook til thickened, COOL spread over Cool Whip layer.
- Store in fridge.
This was a favorite of mine when I was growing up as well, and I have been searching for a similar recipe. You are a life-saver; thanks for posting!!! :)
This is a good foundation recipe because it is so easy to make substitutions. I used fruit cocktail and orange sections instead of crushed pineapple. It worked very well. Using any flavor of gelatin along with varying fruits would work without changing the topping. It's a refreshing dessert or side dish. As long as it is permitted to set fully, it serves up with no problem.
Very good...made for a family function...everybody loved it!!!