1 hr 5 mins
Virginia Cherry Blossom's Note:
Easy and yummy three layer lasagna found on Barilla's website. This would also be good adding 1/2 onion, 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 diced pepper to the meat as you brown it. This is a very basic recipe with lots of possibilities.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wavy lasagna noodle (Barilla brand preferred, should be 1 box)
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (Barilla brand preferred)
- 1 lb ground beef, Cooked and Drained (Sausage can be substituted)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, Shredded (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 2 eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cook Lasagna noodles according to package cooking time, drain and separate.
- 3Combine cooked meat and 1-1/2 jars sauce in a large saucepan.
- 4Combine eggs, ricotta, 3-1/2 cups mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses in a large bowl.
- 5Spray or grease a 9x13-inch baking dish or two 8x8-inch baking dishes with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup sauce over the bottom of the baking dish.
- 6Place 3-4 Lasagna noodles over the bottom, slightly overlapping. Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles and cover with 1/2 of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover last layer with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 8OAMC DIRECTIONS.
- 9Assemble lasagna in a foil lined baking dish and then place in freezer. No prior baking needed. Freeze until firm enough to remove from baking dish. Cover completely with another layer of heavy foil, then place in a gallon sized freezer bag and label.
- 10To Serve: Place frozen foil wrapped lasagna back into baking dish originally used. Thaw and bake covered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. To bake from the frozen stage, and 30 minutes to total baking time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Layer Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 1133.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 35.2 g