Recipe by curly top
This dish has a white, sour cream middle layer. I make it with red and blue on the 4th of July, red and green at Christmas but any two colours you like will work. This dish is best served in a glass dish so the layers can be seen.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin, colours of choice
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare one package of jello according to directions on box, pour in serving dish.
- Sprinkle unflavoured gelatin over cold water,let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat milk over med heat.
- Add sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in prepared unflavoured gelatin.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour sour cream mix over the first layer when the first layer is mostly set ( will be firm but sticky, your finger will leave a mark).
- When second layer is mostly set pour the last layer.
- Prepare the last layer in advance (or use ice quick set method) so that it is cool when poured.
- Place dish in fridge for several hours or overnight to set completely.