Recipe by bsmith1
Three Layer No-Boil Lasagna - loaded with cheese!!!
Top Review by flower7
Super! I halved this (baked in an 8x8 pan) and used mild italian sausage (I did use 3/4# instead of 1/2# because it was the smallest amount I could buy). The directions mentioned onion and garlic but no amounts were listed so I used about 1/2 cup onion and 1 garlic clove. I used a spicy marinara which gave it a nice kick. The only change I made was adding a dash of salt & pepper to the cheese mixture and a little extra parmesan on top. Bake time of 50 minutes was spot on for my oven. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (9 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (cook, crumble and drain) or 1 lb ground beef (cook, crumble and drain)
- 2 (24 ounce) jars pasta sauce or 2 (24 ounce) jars marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown meat with onion and garlic. Drain grease off.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, Stir in ricotta, 2 cups of mozzarella and the Parmesan.
- Spoon half jar of sauce on bottom of pan; layer with 2 sheets lasagna noodles, half ricotta mixture and browned meat, and remaining sauce from first jar. Add 1 cup of mozzarella. Layer 2 sheets lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and browned meat, and half of the second jar of sauce. Top with 2 sheets, remaining sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake, covered with foil until bubbly, 50-60 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.