Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the few recipes I make using mixes and cans, this is a fantastic dessert. It tastes amazing, looks great, and is amazingly easy. And it disappears almost as quickly as I put it down. I got the recipe from a neighbor after 6 months of begging (and 2 weeks of cat, dog and rabbit sitting). She almost never gave it out because it was her most requested recipe and everyone always thought she worked for hours. Don't substitute regular or fudge for the dark chocolate brownie mix. It makes a difference in the final flavors. And make it the night before so the texture and flavors have time to set.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box dark chocolate brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 (16 ounce) canprepared cream cheese frosting (You can use your favorite homemade if you prefer)
- Prepare the dark chocolate brownie mix as directed on the package.
- When they are just done, remove from the oven, sprinkle with the peanut butter chips, cover with a cookie sheet and let sit for 5 minutes; remove cookie sheet and spread melted peanut butter chips over the brownies.
- Let cool until the peanut butter chips are firm enough to not get messed up when you frost them (put them in the refrigerator for a little while if necessary).
- When cool, frost with the cream cheese frosting and let sit at room temperature, uncovered, overnight so the flavors blend and the top of the frosting dries to a bit of a crust.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This is so good!
- *NOTE:These ingredients are to be used to prepare the dark chocolate brownie mix; if your mix calls for different amounts, use the package directions.
If there is such a thing as heavenly sinful, this brownie would describe it! There was no way I was able to keep hands off of them overnight---they were eaten into immediately. Very rich, very good and almost gone! Poof!
Made this as one of my desserts for Easter dinner. Thanks.
This is one of the best brownie recipes I've ever had! The flavors go together perfectly and the final outcome looks pretty too! I can't believe how easy this is, but it is too hard to wait til the next day so I tried one right away....YUMMY! Thanks Charmed!